windows messenger ad

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by hunterv69, Nov 20, 2002.

1. hunterv69

hunterv69 Guest

Hi,
    Is there a way to stop the windows messenger from popping those ads up all the time?

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Start > Run > services.msc
    Change "Messenger" to manual and stop the service

3. mbunny

mbunny Guest

disable the messenger service.

Someone lock this thread please... if ur too lazy to click Search.........................................

this has been discussed a hell of a lot of times.

4. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

5. hunterv69

hunterv69 Guest

hey thanx for the replies

6. allan

allan Guest

Your rudeness aside, the question may not have been answered until the post after yours. The question hunter asked was how to stop Messenger from popping up ads, not how to stop the new form of ads from suddenly appearing on his desk, even if Messenger isn't open.

7. Fungiver

Fungiver Guest

Beware the Ant-I-One patch. I am not saying it was done intentionally but clicking the link adds active x controls and vload dlls and other malicious stuff that will cause your IE 6 browser to lock and become useless. The only way I was able to get my browser back was to run SpyBot Search and Destroy. There were seven malicious entries.

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Fungiver: thats a little odd as the link Ant -|- One has provided is a link to another thread on these forums.

Oh and you also reported the post to a moderator of a different forum, easy mistake.