windows messenger ad

H

hunterv69

Hi,
Is there a way to stop the windows messenger from popping those ads up all the time?

Start > Run > services.msc
Change "Messenger" to manual and stop the service

disable the messenger service.

Someone lock this thread please... if ur too lazy to click Search.........................................

this has been discussed a hell of a lot of times.

Posted by mbunny
disable the messenger service.

Someone lock this thread please... if ur too lazy to click Search.........................................

this has been discussed a hell of a lot of times.
Your rudeness aside, the question may not have been answered until the post after yours. The question hunter asked was how to stop Messenger from popping up ads, not how to stop the new form of ads from suddenly appearing on his desk, even if Messenger isn't open.

Beware the Ant-I-One patch. I am not saying it was done intentionally but clicking the link adds active x controls and vload dlls and other malicious stuff that will cause your IE 6 browser to lock and become useless. The only way I was able to get my browser back was to run SpyBot Search and Destroy. There were seven malicious entries.

Fungiver: thats a little odd as the link Ant -|- One has provided is a link to another thread on these forums.

Oh and you also reported the post to a moderator of a different forum, easy mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back