Windows Media Player 10

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by milecastle, Oct 9, 2004.

1. milecastle

milecastle OSNN Junior Addict

I have just installed Windows Media Player 10 and, for some reason, it has installed in another language (Greek, i think?). I have tried downloading it again and reinstalling it but I still get the same.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I have posted this before, to remove media player, 10 or 9, not sure about lower versions and then reinstall it cleanly, try below, works for me.

Goto Start -> Run & Enter the following:
    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\windows\inf\wmp.inf,Uninstall
    This rolls Media Player back to its original install state. Media Player 10 may then be downloaded from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.aspx

3. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

I am avoiding 10, there was something I read about 10 that I didn't like, something like microsoft monitors the content of what you play using 10 where as it was an option in 9.

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Source?
    Don't believe everything you read. You'd be surprised at how much bullsh*t there is on so-called news sites these days. WMP10 is actually a far better product that v9 was.

5. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I prefer media player 10 though I hardly use it, I prefer to use PicaView.

Gawd just read this at neo, looks like it's a common thing to recent downloads of media player.

I get the feeling it has just become available in Greek and M$ in their wisdom didn't bother checking what version is on the English/international English websites.

They should have had links directed at the Greek version and at the other language versions repspectively. :mad:

Here is what I just read.
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=228081&st=0

6. enuffsaid

enuffsaid OSNN Junior Addict

Currently Media Player 10 is ONLY available in English. Try messing with your fonts or something along those lines.

7. Tweakfiend

Tweakfiend OSNN Senior Addict

Must be one of the view that dont like MP 10.
    Access to the functions such as visualisations/skins and loading Cd play lists etc are more indirect and clumsy imho. a Wysiwyg superior in MP9.

8. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

I have WMP10 and I like it quite a bit over WMP9. My only complaint is that it still won't play .pls files from my favorite streaming radio stations. :(

9. i have wmp10 too it's looks nice but i use winamp to shuffle my songs and realplayer one for playing everything else it has good codecs