Windows Live Messenger Feedback

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
I broke down and decided to give WLM a try. To be quite honest, I'm sorry I did.

I'm used to using the basic Windows Messenger and Gaim. No bloat, no ads, etc.

Anyway, I installed the latest build and the first time I ran it I wasn't happy at all. The interface is nothing like your typical Windows interface and doesn't even match IE7 or WMP11. There is no way to change the interface to use Windows color scheme (as found in Windows Messenger). You can change the color but that doesn't work well in my opinion.

I can easily get over the bloat because most of it can be disabled. But there is no way to customize the toolbars.

Lastly, why do all of the major IM providers insist on having ads? WLM takes it a step further by having text ads in the messenger window itself. What a joke!

Needless to say, I uinstalled it and I will stick with Gaim. I thought the product would be better but I was wrong.

You should give this little program a try then http://apatch.org. It can patch MSN Messenger Live. Here's what mine looks like:

Attachments

• ContactList.jpg
    ContactList.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 102
  • MessageWindow.jpg
    MessageWindow.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 111
That's not too bad. Looks less cluttered and such. What else does it do?

(Can't look right now)

I like it as well, for at least the rare times I use it.

You just can't make some people happy :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back