Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 beta

lkyng

OSNN Addict
Beta Refresh Now Available!

We are pleased to announce that we are releasing an early version of the beta refresh exclusively to the managed beta testers! Build 0562 is now available on http://connect.microsoft.com. You are the FIRST to get this build and we are primed and ready to receive your feedback.

Tester Only

Happy Testing! :)

Hmm, I don't seem to have it on Connect.
Will have to get that sorted.

Will say that don't believe the screenshots (if that makes sense), this build is not ugly, but anyone that sets their messenger to be bright orange then complains about it needs a slap.

ideas.live.com dont have this build. Anyone got a link? (I am a V8 beta tester)

The UI still needs work (thus, the beta), but it definitely looks nicer than the previous build! :)
And they have proper status icons in the contact list window again, although I'm developing an affinity for this new "detailed" view that they have.

I thought the contact lists in the last build had too much info, I have alot of contacts and had to keep scrolling down.

It also didn't seem to remember user icons, which made it a little uglier.

This build seems to remember the icons correctly, and I've started using the instant search box (Ctrl+E) to avoid scrolling. :)

Electronic Punk said:
I thought the contact lists in the last build had too much info, I have alot of contacts and had to keep scrolling down.

It also didn't seem to remember user icons, which made it a little uglier.
Too much info? just has the name, and on/offline status (by default)

well then..serves you right for having lots of friends :p

Electronic Punk said:
Hmm, I don't seem to have it on Connect.
Will have to get that sorted.

Will say that don't believe the screenshots (if that makes sense), this build is not ugly, but anyone that sets their messenger to be bright orange then complains about it needs a slap.

But I like the orange? (Blue is easier on the eyes though)

Got the old general build, think it looks pretty cool that way.
Gonna try and get myself added to connect as I would really love to use this app, but if they don't heed my suggestions I will just go right back to Trillian again.

Electronic Punk said:
yeah but then it had that crazy hover effect :)
I found that coming in the way too much as well. Good news? It's gone now. :)
So now you either pick the simple view, which looks like MSNM 7.x, or the detailed view that shows more info without the hover effect.

The big red message on Connect asks us not the leak the build, but it doesn't say anything about screenshots, so I'll assume it's ok to post them unless someone tells me otherwise. ;)

I had to blur out most of the contact list window since it contained email addresses, but it should give you an idea of what the "detailed view" looks like. As I said, the other view makes it look pretty much exactly like MSNM 7.x, with the status icons (online, busy, away etc.)

WLM8_0562.jpg
WLM8_0562_2.jpg

NetRyder said:
The big red message on Connect asks us not the leak the build, but it doesn't say anything about screenshots, so I'll assume it's ok to post them unless someone tells me otherwise. ;)

I had to blur out most of the contact list window since it contained email addresses, but it should give you an idea of what the "detailed view" looks like. As I said, the other view makes it look pretty much exactly like MSNM 7.x, with the status icons (online, busy, away etc.)

Gee, thanks for the notice :p

Huge improvement from what I can see though! The detailed view does one of the things I wanted, so hopefully no more accidental clicking. And it doesn't seem as bloated and huge. But yeah, it could be polished further.

I'm intrigued so I joined the beta. I also gave thought to “Windows in Italiano”.

Grandmaster said:
Gee, thanks for the notice :p

Huge improvement from what I can see though! The detailed view does one of the things I wanted, so hopefully no more accidental clicking. And it doesn't seem as bloated and huge. But yeah, it could be polished further.
Sorry, you agreed to be in the screenshot the last time I asked, so I figured you wouldn't mind again. :p

But yeah, it's definitely evolving for the better. I really wasn't a fan of the earlier UI (as you could tell from my long blog posts about it!). I didn't expect such a dramatic change in the UI from the previous build, to be honest. Guess all the feedback we submitted was worth it.

Now they just need to work on the fit-and-finish stuff, and focus on other features and bug-fixes.
I'm reasonably content with the UI as it is now. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back