Windows Home Server - Ultimate Test

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by indyjones, Nov 2, 2007.

1. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Hi all

Putting my new server through a massive test as one of the two new hard drives for it is broken :( Currently running the remove hard-drive wizard so we shall see what happens...... Hopefully it should be ok all the data fitted on the first disk and the second was just for duplicated files

We Shall See.........

Wish me luck

IJ

2. indyjones

Not good the dodgy drive is the one with windows on it, i think that means if i install home server onto my new disk I believe it formats it first except that is where all my good non-corrupted data is .......
    I think the only way around this is to borrow a hard drive from someone if possible, otherwise or hope that my replacement drive arrives before I have to send the old one back.....

3. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

cant you just unplug the other drives - install - then reconnect them ?

4. indyjones

Unfortunately not, one drive (with windows on it) is dying the other has the good versions of all my files, so if I install on that disk I lose a lot of data :(

5. Dark Atheist

i meant unconnect the good drives so that home server dont format them on the re-install

6. indyjones

That would work but I only have two drives...

7. Dark Atheist

thats what i mean remove the 2nd drive - then reinstall and whs should only format the first drive as its the only one it can see - unless theres a minimum requirement of 2 drives before it will install ?