WINDOWS folder ends up in trash

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by shokpin, Mar 23, 2002.

1. shokpin

shokpin OSNN Junior Addict

very odd
    occasionaly after I empty my trash bin empties everything, yet, adds the WINDOWS folder
    occasionaly i'll see that the trashbin is full
    and ill hit- empty trash to see the msg WINDOWS can not be deleted
    THANK GOD! ;)

so yeah, i'll try and keep an eye on it and find out exactly when its doing this..but as for now thats about all i got

WinXP Pro
  2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

You are running either Morpheus, Kazaa, or Grokster

What is happening is you have a movie or song being previewed/playedd in one of those forementioned apps. but after the full download of the movie/song you deleted it..but it is still being previewed/played...even if it is stopped

The movie/song is still in the buffer which is located in windows..and the buffer is locked into the actual full file it can't be deleted...close the app completely then do a empty recycle bin and it will work

3. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Guest

Qumahlin, you're GOOD, dude. Now I know who to go to when problems arise in my XP.

The cheezman
  4. shokpin

shokpin OSNN Junior Addict

hmm sounds like a great explanation
    but i have none of those on my computer
    i did have morpheus, but only for 2 days, then i removed has happened after the removal of morpheus
  5. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

If you don't use morpheus/kazaa/grokster or any program that has a preview then you have a major problem

the only time the windows folder will end up in the trash like that is if you have deleted a file that is still buffered...check any programs you might have running at the time and just kill your unnecessary processes one by one till you find the culprit program.