Windows Explorer Tweaks needed

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by petdevils, Jul 8, 2003.

1. petdevils

petdevils Guest

Hey all,

im running XP Pro and need some help with windows explorer (the yellow one lol) as well as the open/upload popup windows u get whenever u open/upload something within a program under xp or from the net.

I have attached 2 snaps of explorer and the choose file programs ... these show what they load as default... i want to automically hide all the yellow folders ie shared folders and my documents crap shown on startup in explorer and open options. The left pic is from explorer and the right pic is from the upload/open option.

I would like to change them so that they load up automatcially under the my computer options ie.. just showing all drives available (with yellow **** hidden) as default to save time and annoyance.

don't forget to see pic attached, i hope someone can help me it. Greatly appreciated.. Thanks
  2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Perhaps you could get better help in the Tweaks section of this forum. Maybe a Mod could move your posts there?
  3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    Thread moved! :D
  4. petdevils

petdevils Guest

thanks, fingers crossed :) ? :) ?
  5. petdevils

petdevils Guest

surely someone must know?
  6. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

download tweakui powertoy and in the My Computer section there is an option to hide the Shared Documents in My Computer.

You can do it through the registry too, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer \

then create a new DWORD NoSharedDocuments and give it a value of 1
  7. petdevils

petdevils Guest

hi, i tried but can't do taht... i already have tweak ui.. taht only removes it from say start menu not internal program save options etc.... i tried the regedit but wont' let me as the dword is already there... but has value of 0000 00 00 00 00 ....

im afraid to change that without knowing if its right or not? thanks
  8. Proneax

Proneax Guest

if it's at zero 0x00000000 (0) , just double click on it and in the box that says '0' change it to '1', in regedit it should now say 0x00000001 (1).