Windows Apache 64?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Khayman, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Does anyone know of a version of apache that will run on x64? or perhaps a easy way of having mysql and php run under IIS?

OR

tell me wWhy apache won't run under x64, as I installed it and it went fine, the services say they are running but localhost is not found

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

check your hosts file :)

if you dont see an entry saying 127.0.0.1 <tab> localhost then add one and reboot :)

If there is one - get yourself something like mingw if you dont have visual studio and compile apache under windows, should work then.

Alternatively dont run it as a service run is as a background application. It may be that the apache 32 bit service doesnt get on with x64's registry hocus-pocus.

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

To get PHP running under IIS just install it, the installer will configure IIS for you:
    Same goes for MySQL really: http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/4.1/installer.html

To my knowledge, none of the Windows binaries for Apache HTTPd have been compiled for x64, which could be causing a problem, which version are you using ? 1.3 / 2.0 / 2.1 ?

NetRyder likes this.
  4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Apache works fine under x64 mate :)

5. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

Or add anything to your hosts file and type "nbtstat -R" in a cmd window.

6. Khayman

Oh of course! now that you say it I realise I didn't even bother to try it at all and just assumed it didn't work. :rolleyes:

7. Khayman

Cheers Speedy

Not quite as simple as they make out, still requires some manual duehicky to get it to work. Plus IIS (on xp) only supports 1 website (i wanted o set up sub domains on localhost). Bit of an ass. But all working now