Windows Aero

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jwoods888, Mar 20, 2007.

1. jwoods888

jwoods888 OSNN One Post Wonder

I Bought a Dell computer right before christmas. It came with Windows Media Edition and said that i would get an upgrade to Vista Home Premium when it came out. Well i sent them 10 bucks and got it 1 and a half later. What ever the case, i install it and figure out that Aero isnt working( the program that makes the windows 3d and all that ****) I call dell and they say that my graphics card is intigraded or something like that and windows is working on a driver. Has anyone heard of such driver?? thanks..

2. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

maybe they meant your graphics card manufacturer hasn't released a wddm driver, so it doesn't support windows aero (maybe its because its lacking some aero requirement)

integrated cards aren't that great anyway, so if you really want it you should buy a discrete solution (=a pcie gpu) that fits your needs

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Intel doesn't have an integrated graphics package at this time that is strong enough to run Aero. Dell uses integrated graphics from Intel.

4. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

BUST! My Mb has the nvidia 6100 chipset, right after the install, i had aero running fantastic, then i put my x700 pro in and its even better than that. Get a new video card fro lie new egg or something, you see a drastic improvement

5. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

This is false, the GMA 950 supports Aero glass, it was specifically designed for that purpose. What model of Dell do you own?

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Correct.

I think Matt might have been right at the time because Aero support was enabled via driver updates. I may be wrong though so don't quote me on it :)

7. madmatt

Look at the date of my post; I believe it was May that it becamse available on the 950.

8. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

/me slaps Matt.

You were wrong. Be a man and accept it.

:devious:

9. madmatt

I don't think so.