Winamp problem

R

Ramanuman

So I'm playing bass along with some mp3 and wav files of songs I've got to learn.
The bass is plugged in the mic entry, and I'm playing the sound files either on Winamp or SoundForge.

At some point I stop Winamp to practise a little passage, but when I start the song again, no sound is coming out.
I try with SoundForge : Same thing. Everything that should come out of the "Wave/Direct Sound" output on the mixer is mute. The bass from the "mic" out is fine though.

I panic, check everything I can think of, then try to reinstall the sound card's drivers. Still nothing. The other outputs all seem fine.

Then the sound comes back when I play with the slider on the mixer associated with the faulty output. So I think everything is OK. But no : When I stop Winamp and start it again the same thing happens. I have to toggle the mixer slider for the sound to come back.
But it doesn't seem to happen with SoundForge.

So I reinstall Winamp, to na avail.

Can anybody help me out and suggest something ?

The only info I could add is that Winamp was freaking out a bit just before that : I was playing a tune with an plugin called "Pacemaker Tempo Controller" which, as its name implies, allows you to slow down or accelerate a song. So at some point before that happened, Winamp froze, as it often does when I use that plugin...

I'm using Winamp 2.78, since all subsequent versions don't seem to adapt at all to my system.

Thanks if you have any idea.

Sorry but never mind. :eek:

I reinstalled again, except this time I completely uninstalled Winamp + plugins first, and rebooted.

Funny thing is a few things associated with sounds went berserk at the same time that that happened : So far I noticed that the Windows logon music went back to default, instead of what I'd changed it for; and a tweak to the context menu, which allowed me to open mp3 and wav files directly in SoundForge, and which I'd done through ContexEdit, disappeared... :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back