Winamp or WMP?

Originally posted by dubstar
WMP9 + DFX, Audio & Video

:eek:

... I use Winamp 2.91 for audio and video, but watch films on Zoom Player. Only WMP I would touch is 6.4, somehow WMP9 got on my computer though :(

Winamp is what I have always used and now with ver 2.9 video also (otherwise I used Quicktime). WMP has good visualizations but that's about all, but that is not the important part of a good media player now is it. :rolleyes: I like the way Winamp lets me create and manipulate my playlists and the way I listen to my music. Plus it has a smaller footprint and it's ease of use. And it's not made by the "EVIL EMPIRE". :p As for video files, ver 2.9 does a good job of it. I wish they would make version 3 better and not soooo bloated, then it would be "no contest".

i just recently switched over from wmp to j river media center. its also a very cool player with a good way to organize your mp3's

Originally posted by DFX
:eek:

... I use Winamp 2.91 for audio and video, but watch films on Zoom Player. Only WMP I would touch is 6.4, somehow WMP9 got on my computer though :(

if you use the same codec, its the same thing... just different looks...

i hate those stupid visualizations.. they bug me.

I use ZoomPlayer because I trust it, had it recommended to me and it has never ever lagged - whereas Winamp3, WMP8/9, etc have all lagged regularly. Since I started using Winamp 2.9 for video it has been reliable too, but dont want to get comfortable, sit through half an hour of film and then have to re-open the file in ZoomPlayer, so I always use that for films.

I use WinDVD & ZoomPlayer for vids, and Either Creative Player of Winamp, depends if it's a couple of tunes or a playlist.
I only ever use WMP if there is no alternative. It's long been known that WMP "spies" on the activities of users, and opens various connections to the net. Can't see why a "digital-stereo" needs to talk to anything. If I need a codec, i'll go find it. If I wan't to stream a vid, why should I let MS know what it is?
WMP seems to be heading the same way as the unfortunate RealNetworks RealPlayer IMHO

Just out of interest, anyone used/ still use Sonique. I used to love that but development slowed right up.:huh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back