WinAmp 3

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by anewhope, Aug 24, 2002.

1. anewhope

anewhope Guest

Just downloaded and installed Winamp 3 on my PC, and I think it's great, personally, the addition of the cross fader and the transparency have finished off a near perfect application. Doesn't take to many resources and looks good and works well.

What does everyone else think of it?

2. there was a discussion about it not that long ago, so if u do a search u'l find it. and i think winamp 3 is not that great. no jump to song shortcut, some other problems, also why do they need that video thing at all?

3. anewhope

anewhope Guest

I can see it heading down the same path as Real Player, I shudder to think what it could end up like if they get all commercial..

4. well i still use my 2.8 version. i like it more, i might use 3 later on when they fix all those bugs. and if they get all commercial, we can always switch to non commercial players

5. seeme

seeme Guest

actually, there IS a song jump command. dont forget that Winamp 3 has been completely rewritten from ground up. to song jump press F3. read the documentation before you criticize something you have little exprerience with!

6. ok i have tryed that F3, but it doesnt jump to anything, like in 2 if u press "j" u get "jimp to file" window. i cant get to that in 3.

7. seeme

seeme Guest

It does work! It just works differently. when you press F3, instead of a box popping up, a side box opens in the playlist. You type the song down at the bottom of the playlist.

It works just as well, its just a different way of doing things.

8. so no i'd have to open up a play list when i want to do that? that sux