Win2000Pro password

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Heeter, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi Guys,

I fixed a friends machine and did a fresh reinstall of his Win2000Pro. Since then, he has created a username/password for himself, but did not give himself Admin rights. We have been trying to logon as "Administator" in the logon without a password, but it will not logon. Does Win2000Pro create a default password for Admin rights? At install, I never created a password for Admin, and he swears that never created a password for the admin as well when he created his user/pass.

Heeter

2. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

Try a blank password. You are using ADMINISTRATOR as the login, and not ADMIN, right?

3. Heeter

I tried leaving it blank, to no avail. But I will try "ADMINISTRATOR" not "Administrator"

Heeter

4. Heeter

Ha!!

That worked,

Thanks a bunch, Un4gIvEn1.

Heeter

5. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

HAHA... I didn't mean that you had to capitalize it. I just did that because I wanted it to stand out. It's possible you just mistyped it and you typed it correctly when you did it in caps. usernames are not case sensitive. Glad that worked for you though... later

6. Heeter

Now that's funny, Un.

I did not know that usernames are not case sensitive. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks again,

Heeter