win xp upgrading

P

psychogod

I have win 2000 pro. I have tried to upgrade to xp pro by using the full version xp disk. When trying , it checks compatability and tells me a few things that are not. I removed them. Then when I try to update as it says, it starts to load them syas it is rebooting xp. When it restarts my computer all I have is a double boot. Win 2000 pro and Win xp pro setup. No upgrade . Can anyone help?

Welcome to the forums psychogod. I could be wrong but a full version will not do an upgrade. You will need an xp update for that. You are going to have to uninstall win2k & load the full xp. Or dual boot like it is now.

But when I click on check for compatibility, the screen says "upgrade recommended".

Yes upgrade not full version. :) You may be using the full version to check it but an upgrade xp cd is what you will need.
Or format or dual boot with the full version.

Psychogod,
Unless you are really attached to Win 2000 or there's a "Disk Free-Space" issue, clean/wipe/reformat (NTFS) your HDD and do a complete clean install of XP... Or keep the "Dual Boot" that you have now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back