Win XP Firewall

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by pinguinotuerto, May 12, 2002.

1. I'm using XP and a cable modem. I'm a little concerned about intrusions into my computer. Is the Win XP Firewall good enough or should I get Norton's?
  2. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Cornwall Nr. England
    There are many threads on this forum concerning firewalls!! There are also many differing opinions about the efficiency of various offerings.

My advice is follow your nose. I personally use the Zone Alarm Pro 3.0x which I find very good. Not only does it monitor for incoming traffic, but lets you know if any program on your own computer is trying to output anything.

For me Norton is a seriously bad word that Parents threaten their kids with!!

3. chjones

chjones Guest

Personally, I'm quite happy with XP Firewall.... I won't claim it's the best, but it's certainly the easiest. Further (and, again, I won't claim this is definitive), with the default settings it passes the security programs at
    with flying colors. I agree, follow your nose; no matter which you choose, it's better than none....
  4. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

And can you give some details how to set it ?