Win 2000 will not boot

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GoNz0, Jan 2, 2003.

1. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

i get to the startup page and the pc reboots :(

i tried reinstalling over the top and nothing, i cannot boot in safe mode either and am a little stuck and looking for help :) pleazeeeeeeeeee

2. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

did you reinstall over the top totally or did you do the Windows 2000 repair? (Not the first repair option - but when setup scans for previous Windows installations - it comes up with the existing installation as an option and gives you some more options to continue, repair or exit??)

I changed a motherboard and cpu in a pc with Win2k, it wouldnt boot - just BSODed on boot - I did the repair thing and it worked fine then

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

so far they both failed :(

4. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

have you changed any hardware or installed anything at all since the last time it worked?

Does using "last known good configuration" work ok?

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

no its a POS business PC, no hardware/software change & restore last good config was my 1st attempt :(

(POS = point of sale not piece of $h*t LOL)

6. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

ugh :/

aye, we got POS systems in my work too... cept these run Win98 for compatibility with the Epson POS printers - Win2k/XP drivers cause it to print inconsistantly (might work one time, next time it may not etc)

I'm kinda out on ideas now then :/

Might it be possible to get the info onto another computer which needs keeping and then do a reinstall?

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

well i tried cloning the hard drive from another 1 of the systems to this and it dont seen to like me doing it, from past experience... so im fresh out of ideas as well :(