Why does Debian hate USB?

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
Or is it just linux in general that does. I'm new at linux and I'm trying to be open minded about it but .... I just got a new Logitech G15 gamers keyboard. It is teh awesome. It is also USB so when I get to the GRUB loader I can't select anything but Debian cause USB isn't enabled yet! I'd love to hear there is a setting I can change that would allow me to NOT have two keyboards plugged in at all times. Please tell me that's the case.

Tell your computers BIOS to enable USB legacy keyboard support. Nothing to do with Linux.

Sweet.

Okay, so that proves I'm a moron. And I'm kind of ashamed too since I get paid to do this stuff and never even thought it was the bios. Many thanks kind sir!

Maybe its not working. All I tried to do was boot to GRUB and see if I could use my USB keyboard and that part does work. However if it goes into either Debian or Recovery mode it fails before the logon. It will get to a point where it says "usb.c new usb bus registered, assigning port 5" but than never go past that point. I've googled a bit but since I know little about linux the results I've found don't help me. I'm going to try moving my devices to different ports and see if that works.

**EDIT**

Didn't work, Any ideas?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back