Who here is Irish?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Eve, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Eve

Eve Guest

Just being noisy, am feeling a little left out, everyone here seems to be either American or English, anyone here from Ireland?

I'm from Limerick, Rep. of Ireland btw

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I am quarter irish ;)

3. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

Im fully Ulsterish!!!!! (Northern Ireland 4 u non UK peeps!)

4. Eve

Eve Guest

Woohoo! I am not alone anymore. Hi Silent_Bob, how's it going? What part of Ulster are you from?

5. Eve

Eve Guest

I've had this argument dozens of times before and I'm sure I'm going to get myself in trouble just for asking, but what the hell, here goes:

How in the hell can you be a percentage of a nationality? you're either Irish or your not!

6. koko

koko Got Root?

i'm scotch/irish. and damn proud of it! :)

7. Electronic Punk

Grandmother was irish.
    Grandad was yorkshireish
    Grandma was southern
    Grandpa is scottish

Eh ;)

And I was born in Germany, but on UK soil....

Confused?

8. Eve

Eve Guest

Nope, but you are still not Irish, it is not possible to be a percentage of a nationality, your nationality is the country is which you were born, you were not born in 4 different countries at the same time. It's not possible.

My Grandfather was American, but I don't go around saying I'm 1 eight American, cause I'm not, I'm Irish. I was born in Ireland, therefore, I am Irish!

*sorry for ranting and raving, just bugs me thats all*

9. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

Im from just outside Carrickfergus in County Antrim

10. Eve

Eve Guest

Silent_Bob: Have you looked at the pole results? Christ, I think we really are the only 2 Irish people here!

11. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

Yeah i guess the rest r either in denial or out pickin spuds in the nice weather!!:D :D :D

12. Eve

Eve Guest

hehehe! *lol* You've got to be kidding me Bob, the "nice weather" was last week, it can't seem to decide what it wants to be this week!

13. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

25% irish 25% english, 50% welsh

14. Electronic Punk

You are not the country you were born in.
    You are not your f***ing khakis ;)

15. Eve

Eve Guest

huh? what the hell is that supposed to mean.

btw, since everyone is posting their flag, heres mine. Go on the Green White & Gold!

16. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

I wood put my flag up but i fink that the red hand of ulster on the St. Georges cross is a bit errrrr..... contravertial!!!!

17. Eve

Eve Guest

I see your point :p

18. Eve

Eve Guest

Bob, just noticed you're in Edinburgh, all I can say is poor you (no offence to any Scottish) was there last November (my sister was living there) f***in freezing was below 0 the whole time I was there, never going back, I've never been so cold in my life!

19. Eve

Eve Guest

*lol* if you say so

20. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

my dad moved her, and my moms parents also moved. so, my family pretty much came from there, no one in my family was here to long, so, i'm pretty much from over there. i don't like it here, people bitch and at stuck up. i want to live with my grand parens in wales, everyone is layed back and wants to havea good time.