Which Geforce is better?

Detonator

OSNN Addict
Okay,me and one of my buddies are having a dispute(well,a fight).He's looking to buy a new videocard,and he's on a budget.which card is better,the Geforce 4MX or the Geforce 3 Ti200?The price is about the same,maybe $20-30 difference.What's the best,guys? Thanks

People have been saying the Ti provides better performance then the MX. I'll find some other forums asking the samething you are and I'll link you to them. This way you get an idea.

Geforce4 MX specs: http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=geforce4mx
Geforce 3 specs: http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=geforce3

Geforce 3 features the pixel/vertex shaders that the MX series lacks...just looking at the specs, it seems the GeForce4 MX will suffer a lot from it's low memory bandwidth. according to benchmarks by Anandtech, even the Geforce 4 MX460 falls to he Geforce 3 ti 200. Especially apparent in high detail, which requires more memory bandwidth, the Geforce 4MX has lower fps than the geforce 3 ti 200.

i watched some show of the nvidia people and they said the MX is a cheap geforce3

i just bought a xtasy gforce 4 mx 420, and it works pretty dam good. i like it

It has been stated by Nvidia that the Geforce 4 mx is a general purpose video card. The Geforce 3 + 4 Titanium series are gamers cards. So there's nothing wrong with buying the mx but if you're looking for high-powered gaming card, you should consider either the Geforce 3 Titanium or the Geforce 4 Titanium depending on your budget.

Patrick

Yup! The G-Force 3 Ti200 is a better card than the G-Force 4mx.

Basically the G-Force 4mx range are based on old G-Force 2 technology, so they're not as good as the G-Force 3's.

However the G-Force 4 Ti range ARE better than the G-Force 3 Ti's

Its Nvidia, just confusing everyone!

In a nutshell:

G-Force 4mx < G-Force 3 Ti

G-Force 4Ti > G-Force 3 Ti

:D

hmm

actually my bro has a geforce 4 ti and the exact same set up pc as me (he saw mine and wanted me to make one just like it.)
athlon xp 1600+ 768 ddr, maxtor 40 gig 7200 rpm,

my xtasy 6954 geforce 3 ti 500, scores 8043 in 3d mark 2001 se
and his geforce 4 ti, only scored 8301, hmm not enough of a boost
for me to upgrade.
that was default benchmark settings, im sure if we start bumpin up the rez and options he would start to gain some ground on my geforce 3 ti 500. but im not planning on going higher than 1280+ 1024 any ways, shoot thats the max rez on my sony digital flat panel anyways....:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back