which firewall is better?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mafiafromrussia, May 30, 2002.

1. i was thinking of installing one just in case. which one outthere is good?
  2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    I prefer Norton Internet Security 2002, but then again, I am partial to any product carrying the Norton/Symantec name. NIS2002 is very easy to setup and use. It is also very informative.
  3. DoubleClick

DoubleClick Guest

Well you will get lots of answers to this question but I personaly prefer Zone Alarm. And the new Zone Alarm blocks ads and popups when surfing the net too.

But there are others out there that work just as good.
  4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Try using the forum search and you should come up with quite a few threads regarding firewalls and such. That way we don't need another thread going over all the firewalls again heheh
  5. Armis36

Armis36 Guest

I don't know how good you are with this stuff, but I'm a "newbie". Whenever I try a new program "ease of use" and "simplicity" are biggies for me.

I've tried ZoneAlarm. Maybe I'm a little slow, but I found it confusing and more trouble than I felt like messing with.

I also think anything from "Symantec/Norton's" is great. I have NSW 2002, but didn't get the Internet Security extra. I'm cheap too.

I didn't get the extra's because I'd found "Sygate's Personal Firewall". I love it. It's a free download, easy to install, easy to configure (practically setup and forget), works great!. I checked it at the Symantec site for vunerabilities, it passed with flying colors. Did I mention it was free too!
  6. PJC

PJC Guest

Sygate's Personal Firewall is the best out there especially if you buy the Pro version
  7. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I prefer Norton Internet Security 2002 , i cannot change your opinion but u may try it :p
  8. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

9. i try norton's firewall first and then Sygate's if i'm not satisfied with norton. thanks for help