Which Firewall Do You Use?

C

contender

Which Firewall Do You Prefer? Why? What has your experiences been with other firewalls?

Note: I forgot to add Agnitum Outpost Firewall to the Poll as it is also one of my favorite firewalls and looking forward to the release of Ver. 2

I know and understand that the whole topic on firewalls are one of those discussions where everyone has their own opinions on whether to use one or not and which one is best.

I have tried many different firewalls and there's always something missing it seems with everyone you try. I am more persuaded to use a rule based firewall as of late becuz i like having more control over what is blocked and allowed and currently I am using NPF. I like it becuz it has pre-established rules for certain ports and for trojans and I also like that it does offer me the ability to customize my rules, it blockes browser info along with many other things. Its an all-in-one privacy app I guess in some sense.

yup since i got my router i have had no hacking activity on my home network. i use norton for its excelent ad blocking and some program control.dont ezzactly trust it to do much more than that anyway.

Hardware NAT router, Local Proxy solution and Kerio 2.1.4

For those interested DSLR Firewall Poll II includes:

SOHO
Zone Alarm
Zone Alarm Pro
Kerio Personal firewall
Tiny Personal Firewall
Norton Personal Firewall
Sygate / Sygate Pro
AtGuard
Conseal
Outpost
Look'n'Stop
McAfee
Lockdown 2000
Black Ice IDS
Snort IDS
A software firewall and an IDS
Just a NAT capable router
A router and a software firewall
A proxy Server
*NiX flavoured
Proxy server / router /software
Others
None

Results:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,3050112~root=security,1~mode=flat

Firewall Config Poll:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,5161647~root=security,1~mode=flat

Hardware NAT router, and Sygate on my desktop.

Haven't installed a software firewall on this laptop yet. Might give Kerio a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back