which defrag util

there actually was a bug where the ms api's did infact corrupt files, that api was patched though

I have never heard of a file becomming corrupt or lost during a defrag, the possibility is the same as loosing a file while you are moving it yourself

that's all the defrag's do, they move data just as if you were doing it through the gui, I think it's probably even safer then moving files through the interface because there is one fewer layers

Wait I am confused, if I defrag everything, including my .avi, .mov files. What happens to them?

it moves the bits around so they are in one continous piece instead of scattered all over the drive.

it relocates data on the disk surface so that when you read that file the disk head doesn't have to move to do so. This speeds up the file access as all you have to do is wait for the file to spin around under the stationary read head, instead of having the read head moving all over, then waiting for the file to arrive, etc.

Over the course of a day you can save quite a sizable amount of time from the fact that you're not waiting on disk access as much as you would if you had not defragmented.

Files don't actually get deleted or moved out of their file system location.

Think of it as sorting a filing cabinet into alphabetical order and sorting individual documents into page order, instead of a random mess of paper on your desk you have to sort through to get the sheets of paper you need.

Ok, that makes sense. I am going to do it, but if things get messed up I am blamming you hahaha lol, just joking.

I tryed many this programms, and all that u write here about, but it doesn't make any sence. Use buit-in defragmentor and be happy.

built in defrag in 2k/xp/vista is a cut down version of diskeeper, and it sucks balls - so if people want to spend their money and buy a better product you should let them and be happy :D

Ye, u r right, i just say what I think about 'at. I think, spend some money only for more 2% is not so cool :)

I've been using PerfectDisk for the past couple years. Might to upgrade to 2009 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back