Where save mails outlook??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by maruja, Oct 23, 2002.

1. maruja

maruja Guest

Hello!!

I would like to know, if there are any possibility of change the location where save mail's in the outlook express.

I use winxp Pro (SP1)

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

go to tools-> options - > maintenace tab -> click store folder

3. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

In OE click on Tools, Options, Maintenance, Store Folder and finally Change - select your new location!

4. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Khayman - awww - ya beat me!:D

5. psychic51

psychic51 Guest

Yea, I think there is a way to change the place Outlook Express saves it's local e-mail.

Under the drop down tools / options

On the Maintainance tab there is a button to change the location of the store folder.

I suggest manually backing up this folder before you try to change anything. I tried this once, but I don't bother doing it anymore. I think I had some trouble getting things to work the first time.

I use Hotmail and the IMAP e-mail from work. Neither one pushes e-mail to my local system. I have lost allot of stuff because I forgot to save the messages that my ISP e-mail had pushed to my system. They do that to save space on their server.

I have my system set up so that I don't have to save anything except my Outlook Express address book before I reload a Ghost image. I used Tweak UI to change the location of other folders so that everything I need to save is on a seperate drive. Tweak UI may be usefull to you as well. It can be found at Microsoft.

6. psychic51

psychic51 Guest

Boy, people are quick with answers around here.:p