Where is our Product Key from Microsoft...?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mecham, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

Product Keys have been submitted.

OK...

It was all very nice of Microsoft to give their hard working beta testers who actually bothered to sumit any bugs to them with a complementary copy of Windows Vista. Those of you who received an email from Microsoft will remember it stated at the end of the email I quote
    10 days on and nothing from Microsoft.

Has anybody received an email from Microsoft Connect with their product key...? :cry:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Not sure on what's going on, but for what it's worth you can install and run Vista for 30 days without a key. So, if you want to get cracking you should be OK until you are able to retrieve it from them.

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

still waiting on mine.

I have installed it though, as a dual boot. seeing how things work etc. good choice really seeing as how i now have the proper drivers from various things. will eventaly, once i get the key, wipe everything and install from scratch.

good times ahwad :) (although i like to make things hard but using Vista 64 as well)

4. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

Yeah just sent an email to the support team asking them when these will be released because the next thing you know your 30 days will be up...? :cry:

5. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

I'm still waiting too. It's been over 10 days for me. I sent in an email after the first week. And still have not received anything back.

6. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I would imagine it is going to take Microsoft time to verify those who submitted actual bugs. Be patient.

7. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC Moderator Folding Team

Still waiting as well..

8. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

You will get your keys about the same time they will send out the USB sticks they promised.

9. GEN3RIC

Allllllmost.

10. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

Yeah. I got this one today too. Looks like another week or so. On another note. I just found my Beta 02 discs here. I never opened up the package.

lol

11. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Yeah don't worry guys, if you get promised a key you will get one.
    I also believe you can reset the 30 day counter - twice!

12. Khayman

yeah, i got that mail as well. i'm in no hurry though, gonna keep it dual boot until i have made sure i've backed everything up etc anyway

13. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

Some of you will be waking up to an email from Microsoft this morning with your product key to register your complimentary retail copy of Windows Vista Ultimate. It could not have come at a more perfect time to be honest because it’s my birthday in 10 days time and Christmas is just around the corner. Here is a sample of the email which some of you would have received this morning. Just follow the link in your email from Microsoft and log into your Connect account.

This is the real email I just changed the name.
    I'm so fricking excited... :) Whoot...

14. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

blast to have not been able to get in on this!! How do you become a beta tester to get in on things like this?

15. GEN3RIC

I got the email and I am activated :)

My question is this, if I went with the x64 version.. what are my options for the x86 version? I wanted to try that one out on my desktop too because I am not having *awesome* experiences with driver & game support on the x64 version and I dont see good performance increase anyways. Can I activate the 32bit version without issues?

16. Khayman

Got mine this morning as well. not used it yet though, gonna back up stuff first. give the system a clean install

17. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

I do believe the testing is now over because I received another email thanking me again for submitting bugs and it stated there was no need to submit any more bugs to Microsoft.

Sorry. :(

All we need now is for developers to pull their finger our and finalise drivers for Vista.

ATI
    Creative
    Intel
    Nvidia
    And all other third party developers.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  18. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Add Intel to that list.

19. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Yes the lack of drivers for the moment is whats holding me back was same for my X64 I waited well over a year before going all out 64 bit.

20. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

I just found some drivers for my chipset which were added on the 21/11/2006 although they state these are compatible with Vista Ultimate 32-bit edition.

Snapshot included.

Attached Files: