When are the 9800xx cards arriving?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ray_gillespie, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Is it just me, or do the 9800GTX/GTS/GT cards seem to be taking forever to arrive?

I've been waiting ages for a top notch graphics card and I've even got UT3 installed and waiting!

Anyone else itching to get a 9800GTX/GTS/GT card?

2. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

3. ray_gillespie

Yeah it's the 1PCB approach that I'm looking for - that GX2 is a bit too crazy for my liking!

4. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I kind of figured that because of the model numbers you mentioned. Are you very pro nvidia, because the ati 3870 X2 is a very nice card and it's on 1 pcb.

My battle right now is two pronged. I always go mid range and was wondering whether to go with a 8800GS vs 9600GT vs 3870 vs 3850. Also I'm wondering whether or not I even game enough on my pc to even pay that much money for a card.

5. ray_gillespie

No, I'm not against ATi at all. The only problem is that I know very little about ATi cards and which ones are good/bad and what can be expected from the next gen of cards. If someone says to me that a new card is like the leap from a Geforce FX to Geforce 6 then I know what that means, but unfortunately I have no idea what ATi have been up to for the last decade or so!

What's good bang for buck from ATi at the moment then?

6. ray_gillespie