Whats the problem w/zonealarm?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Beginning, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Beginning

Beginning I'm Beginning Somehow...

Why would the da*n thing shut down on it's own.. I'm having some grief. Almost imposable to keep it up..

Any ideas?

2. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

Ok I don't know much to suggest other than to

run an av scan,

spyware/adware scans (a few good ones to try are spybot search and destroy, ad-aware, spysweeper, pestpatrol, and bazooka scanner(though it is kinda more targeted to only find certain comp nasties),

try updating your firewall to see if there is a fix for the problem

3. Beginning

Thanks I'll check it...

4. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

I was having a problem where it would freeze my laptop to the point I had to physically shut it off and reboot, since I removed ZoneAlarm it hasnt locked up.

**knocks on wood**

5. suicide_pact

suicide_pact ---pro a.v. geek

This started happening to me after the newest winupdate. started getting 'vector monitor has closed, do you want to restart?'

6. Beginning

Thanks guys for the tips.. It hasn't done it for a day or so since..

7. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

If the problem comes back and it is mal-ware shutting it down try setting a password to control zonealarm.

8. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

i used to have a problem with zonealarm freezing my pc with a BSOD...every single time. i decided to uninstall it completely for a while...i think i let like 3 weeks pass, and then i installed a new version, and the problem dissappeared. try finding an older version and running it...see if the problem persists. if it does, then u have some nasty spyware/malware/whatever-ware on the system...

9. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

If i remember right on of the versions had some problems. Cant think of the version off hand but i downgraded and it was fine.

10. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

what edition was it ?? if it was with antivirus or web filters then yes that is normal. What happens is it locks up while scanning, or blopping. It can't handle the multitasking operation.

The Zone Labs Forum has info about it ..