Whats the best deal on a flat screen/tube (not panel) 21" monitor?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ThePunkerGuy, May 25, 2003.

1. ThePunkerGuy

ThePunkerGuy Guest

Ok, i want to look into getting a Flat tube/screen (not flat panel) 21" monitor. I know that one of the important things with those monitors is getting the Geometry correct on the screen so that it looks square. In you guys's opinions, what would be the best way to go on a very small budget as far as a 21" flat screen? What ones have the best color and geometry? I was looking at used ones on Ebay, and i was wondering.. is that a good way to go, has anyone bought a used flat screen before, if so where and how was it? Basically i want to get a decent 21" flat screened monitor that will last for a while and tha has good color and geometry, i dont want one that will get really dark within a year or something. Thaks guys, any tips/idea/or hints would be great!
    - Mike

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

bad thoughts come to mind when i hear used monitor. if i were you, i'd definitely try to get a new one. especially if you want it to last a long time. besides, who knows how much damage the tube will take during shipping.

so, try to get a new one locally from a store.

3. ThePunkerGuy

ThePunkerGuy Guest

I ended up getting this monitor http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2730899868&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6 it has a 3 year warranty so it should be fine.
    - Mike

4. ThePunkerGuy

ThePunkerGuy Guest

Ok, well i ended up ordering this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2730899868&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6 it was $333 with shipping and everything. The main reason i got this one is because of the 3 Year Warranty, i didnt want a monitor with only a 30 day warranty or some crap. Plus its black.. will match my tower now. What do you guys think.. i know it wasnt the best deal, but i didnt get totally ripped did I? Thanks
    - Mike

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

"THEY ARE FACTORY REFURBISHED BY DELL!!!!"
    :(

well, hope it goes well for you. if it lasts 3 years, then you made a good purchase. :)