Whats a good AMD mobo right now?

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
I thought the Asus A7N8X boards were supposed to be the current kings, but I've been seeing some bad things about them.. what do you guys think? Is that board still the best bet?

I'm looking at getting a 2500 barton and I dont plan on o/c'ing

i personally would recommend abit, asus or gigabyte, epox
other than that... hmm...................
get some review from all... but i think mostly ppl will recommend asus a7n8x or abit nf7s (which i personally will vote too)

are you going to use onboard sound? if so, definitely get the A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 or NF7-S 2.0, which include soundstorm audio.

if not, what features are you looking for? if not many, i know epox makes a great, relatively cheap board.

either way, try to get a 2.0 board (ultra 400 northbridge) for better memory compatibility and overclocking (if you ever decide to ;))

I'd rather go for the Gigabyte GA-7NNXP, since it's got the nForce2 chipset with 6 channel sound, Dual-channel DDR RAM, RAID, SATA, Dual LAN (1x 10/100, 1x 1000) and firewire

Go for the Asus, I did, and haven't regreted it once. The Soundstorm is great... and worth it, if you don't plan on overclocking, alot of the problems with the A7N8X won't relate to you. You also have to remember that sure there are alot of problems, but it's also the best selling AMD motherboard of all time.... so the more people using it, the more complaints....

Originally posted by Goatman
"Go for the Asus, I did, and haven't regreted it once..."
"You also have to remember that sure there are alot of problems, but it's also the best selling AMD motherboard of all time.... so the more people using it, the more complaints...."

Isn't that a contradiction for using the ASUS mobos? lol :p

no offense to ne1 but ive found asus suk

Hi everyone,

In my personal experience if you want a board that does what it has to do well the best for amd would have to be gigabyte.

When i upgraded my pc 8 months ago everyone was goin on how asus is good bla bla bla, went onto tonnes of forums posting about some asus mobos and no1 could fault them, reviews were excellent etc, talked to friends reconed they have one and say how good they are bla bla bla.

I get the mobo and got nuthin but trouble had it swapped 5 times and for a different asus mobo still trouble got gigabyte worked fine ever since.

You might get the odd asus board that does what it has to do but personally id stay away from them :)

actually sometimes it just depends on our luck...
if we get the defected 1, then we will say bad things bout that manufacturers, if we got a great 1, then "it is a great board"
but anyhow, asus a7n8x, epox 8rda series, and abit nf7s really a good board. no doubt bout that....

i like right now a mobo from MSI that has the nvidia chipset....cant remember the model but is a really nice one

hmm... looks cool and bundle with lot of thingy
how much in u.s.?

btw welcome to ntfs.org

I have the chaintek and love it, the bundle has all kinds of stuff with it , i was gonna buy something else but cant find anything better really.

I've personally bought 3 gigabyte boards for different machines, and they've all worked perfectly well - that's why I prefer using them over other manufacturers.
Besides that, Gigabyte boards are rich in features.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've been eyeing the gigabyte boards, but i'm a little confused as to what the differences are between

This one:
Gigabyte GA-7N400-L, nForce2 Ultra400 chipset for Socket A ATX motherboard

and this:
Gigabyte GA-7NNXP, NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset for Socket A ATX

/edit oh and this one...???
GA-7N400PRO2

other than the nearly $100 price difference....

I have a soundblaster Live board right now. The new onboard sound chips will probably sound better?

Temperal, that mobo ranking seems a little out of date?

by the way, I currently have a Gigabyte 7VRXP

The best out of the AMD Gigabte 400Mhz range would be the 7NNXP board. Has everything the others have between them as far as I know.

I wouldn't advice you to get a new mobo in the K7 series when you've got the 7VRXP because I'm pretty sure that that is a very good mobo to use until you're ready for a MAJOR upgrade.
I've got the 7VRX (CPU: 2100+) and there's no need for me to upgrade any part of my system for another 18-24 months.

Thats what I thought ming. I recently tried to upgrade my processor to a 2400+ and for some reason my sound+internet capabilities stopped working with the new cpu...returned after sticking my 1800 back in...i tried every single bios version released for this board..didnt help...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back