what the? dual monitor problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lieb39, Jan 11, 2003.

1. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

just for the heck of it i connected dual monitors to my computer, on 2 different display adapters. No problems until i put the monitors side by side. now the monitors have a line going up and down the screen about every 3 seconds, the line goes from either the top of the screen to the bottem in about 5 seconds or vise vera. what is this? something wrong with the monitors being side by side?

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

yep they are interfering eachother with there radiation or elektromagnetic thingies. just put them a littl bit apat from eachother

3. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

Thanks

Thank you, fixed the problem. they just have to be about 30 CM away from each other.

4. jpirkey

jpirkey Guest

Monitor Issue

Hello there,

Glad to hear that the separation worked.

Just an extra thought -- I have 3 19" Flat CRTs (got within the last 2 years) next to each other and I don't have any problem -- I imagine that the newer CRTs may have less leakage.

It would not hurt to check your refresh rates and increase them if you can.

j

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Re: Monitor Issue

I think you are right there.... my 2 monitors are practically touching they are so close and there is no garble or anything...

am seriously considering plugging in an AIW radeon VE and plugging in my 15 incher for other work... or using it with linux... though not sure about the support...

certainly newer stuff does have less 'leaks' :)