What temp should Athlon XP 2100+ be running at???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dimoe, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Dimoe

Dimoe Guest

What temp should Athlon XP 2100+ be running at without any overclocking, with heatsink that it comes with and with 2 case fans (1 intake)???

This it pretty much my cooling concept right now....

As I said earlier I’ll be installing a better heatsink or water cooling once I get money saved up.

I plan on adding an extra (outtake???) fan on top of case.

Placing a filter on front intake fan so I can move my case close to AC duct.

I also plan on placing another case intake fan with filter right above CPU heatsink. Should this be enough???

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

I'll give you an example,

I have a AMD 1900+ right now at full load it never goes above 46C, the computer is out in the open nothing within 6 inches of it, and nothing above it at all.

Have a Dynatron HSF will go to 7000rpm, but usually set around 5,000rpm, four case fans.

yes it's loud, but 46C at full load is a great temp, I personally would not do the water cooling bit, no need unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking,

This is only my opinion of course, it's your computer, do what you feel is best.

:cool:

3. da rock

da rock Guest

my xp 1800 runs@ 44c full load and 41c at idle

4. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

The systems I have built that are similar, temp ranges anywhere from 40-50C idle/load.

The faster the processor...the warmer they seem to run.

5. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

T-bird 1.4. idles around 47-48. Load around 50-51. I need to move mine out a little to improve that. Ahah. A project for me when I get home today.

6. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

WIth my 2000+ that I just sold, I just left the side of the case off for better air flow.

Ran cooler, but I couldnt stand the noise :rolleyes:

7. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Mine is currently sitting up under my desk. I will move it out today and see how much it drops.

8. Lithium

Lithium Guest

mine runs at 35c no load and about 41c full load ive got the 1800 stock cpu fan and a 5 inch 12,000 rpm case fan blowing on it its sooo tight lol