What is the fastest web browser?

Originally posted by Henyman
:eek:no one's mentioned Aol yet :cool: even though it is basically ie6:D

Which that in itself is very amusing. Considering they own Netscape.

LOL

/me remembers this conversation happening much more than once on this forum...

I've never had problems with speed on pages from 56k to the 1mb ntl im on now... so I use MSIE purely because its not another thing stuff to install (I got enough to on a clean install anyway).

I'm beginning to think people just start these threads to make people argue amongst eachother over which browser is best and which one is fastest.

Until theres a browser available that can make my tea, I dont wanna know :p

and like dealer said... if microsoft ever found another browser more popular or faster than their own... they'd make theirs even better because they're like children - gotta have the thing thats better and more popular than everyone elses

Originally posted by Henyman
:eek:no one's mentioned Aol yet :cool: even though it is basically ie6:D

is it ?????

I hate to say this : - AOL is thee fastest browser I have ever used

by far

9/10 if ie wont connect or loads slowly AOL will connect @ lightning speeds.

just a shame its sooooo ugly

:cool:

Originally posted by dealer
opera is not faster then ie

Opera benchmarks much faster than IE does.

The fastest broswers I have experinece with are Chimera and Safari. Both only available on OS X Jaguar.

Thanks Heny...I actually got the gumption to make em' finally when I was hitting up the old avatar post. ANYWAY...anyone have any ideas why it Mozilla won't let me into "rd.yahoo.com"? That's when you're logged in. I know I sound like a total newb.

Originally posted by RabidPenguin
Opera benchmarks much faster than IE does.

The fastest broswers I have experinece with are Chimera and Safari. Both only available on OS X Jaguar.

every single browser claims to benchmark faster then ie...opera has absolutley no official claims on there site, (that I can find), which justifies any claim of benchmarks that demonstrate faster page loading then ie

I have never seen any benchmark comparing opera to ie, that does not include its "useability" (a marketing trick) in it's benchmark.

netscape and mozilla advocates also claim to benchmark faster then ie.

hardly...the very comparison is a joke

I guess I will benchmark this for myself, (though I dredd the thought, the last time I tried opera, it was a 6, and it was god slow)...I just went to the opera site, and I cannot find any benchmarks that demonstrate faster pageloading then ie on the opera site, none whatsoever

Wow, I have never seen so many replies in just one day..... Thanks for the info guys.... So do you think I should go with lynx?

ReC0iL
Wow, I have never seen so many replies in just one day..... Thanks for the info guys.... So do you think I should go with lynx?
Heheh, no. I think Lynx was the red herring browser :p
If you want speed, go for Opera, if you want functionality go for Mozilla, if you want to conform go for IE, if you want a slap go with aol.
I am of course joking. The only way to find what your after is to try all the options yourself.

Originally posted by ReC0iL
Not unless you like surfing without images... Pretty boring IMO. :)

i would say try then all till u find the one that suits your particular needs/wants. everyone looks for diferent things in a browser:cool:

Grymblayd
Does anyone like Avant Browser???
Can't say i've used it, I've heard of it tho, isn't it Internet Explorer based ?

There was accually in the news (not here) a story about a new type of browser that a kid wrote for a school science project for a competion. He won, but supposidly this browser is much faster than anything out there rite now. I don't remember the story title. I will look for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back