what is going on with tweak xp?

One phrase comes to mind when I think of TweakXP - "professional atmosphere". It may not be the "prettiest" site out there, but it's a nice, professional environment for people to come and receive technical help.

Electronic Punk:

To answer your question, yes, Allan is still there.

I like cheese on my burgers..

How's that for professional?

Originally posted by Vector
One phrase comes to mind when I think of TweakXP - "professional atmosphere". It may not be the "prettiest" site out there, but it's a nice, professional environment for people to come and receive technical help.

Electronic Punk:

To answer your question, yes, Allan is still there.

No offence intended, but some people(like myself) prefer a forum which has its technical help parts, and its 'non-technical' parts. A comepletely technical place would be to boring, to dry for me.

Originally posted by o_87
No offence intended, but some people(like myself) prefer a forum which has its technical help parts, and its 'non-technical' parts. A comepletely technical place would be to boring, to dry for me.

I can understand that. But that's not what TweakXP was meant to be (at least not from my perspective). It was meant to be a help forum, and that's all.

But you're right. It's nice to have a place to just chat with people about other things as well. That's one of the nice things about NTFS.org.

I can understand that. But that's not what TweakXP was meant to be (at least not from my perspective). It was meant to be a help forum, and that's all.

no vector

tweak was identical to this site at one time...it was meant to be a community just like this is a community, and people laughed and screamed and had a ball just the same as here.

at that time traffic, volume and numbers were astounding for tweak

it was hard to tell these two sites apart but for the name...they even had the same board software.

that was even before there were keys in the design on the page...maybe four board software generations ago..it was the more robust vbulletin, and it was a pleasure...(I keep wondering why they switched to the crude software they switched to, and why on their upgrade again, they continue to choose the crudest of crude bulletin software...but that's another discussion)

the original moderating staff were also a pleasure and they encouraged the family along just as we do here.

then the staff and vision and attitude at tweak changed....the statistics were not far behind

I tend to agree with dealer a lot of the old names are gone or rarely contribute, and there was always a place on the forum where other matters could be discussed, I used to go there first and read interesting comments and arguments.

I also go to Bit Quest where a lot of old names are. I also am still faithful to Tweak as they were the first forum I went to.

Well, I think what it was and what it was meant to be are 2 different things. I know what it was, I was there all along. But what it was, was causing problems for people. Granted it was a couple of bad seeds causing the problems, but that's the way it was. So things had to be changed.

I understand that you don't like what TweakXP is, dealer. And I understand why you don't like it, we've discussed that. But it is what it is. And personally, I like it. It's nice to have different types of communities. If all forums were the same, what would be the point of having different forums?

Granted, I'm making these observation from the outside looking in. I can't say for certain what Steve's original intentions were for TweakXP. Only he can answer that for sure.

I think there are, and always have been, mixed feelings among the old members of TweakXP about what has happened to it. Those of us there from the beginning (I was member #4) really did see the change that came into effect.

BTW, never make the mistake of thinking allan "never" criticized NTFS. He did...and often.

peaceunitysticker.jpg

Originally posted by Enyo
Oh please :rolleyes: He is free to say what he likes. So pathetic that you feel like telling us so, quite simply nobody cares.

Well said. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back