What is a great alternative to Windows Media Player???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by peroxide, Feb 9, 2003.

1. peroxide

peroxide Guest

A player that plays mp3s, mpeg, divx, and even(optional)wmv.

A player that loads much faster than Windows Media player.

Do anyone know of a good one I could use
  2. cabmustang

cabmustang Guest

well i use musicmatch jukebox plus which i believe plays all the files you mentioned.
  3. peroxide

peroxide Guest

ok, I will look into it. Thanks
  4. ustoopia

ustoopia Guest

I prefer mplayerc because it looks exactly the same as media player 1.6, but it's rewritten or something and it also supports subtitles. and it's really fast too. You should definately check it out. You can download the .exe file here:

Just put it in a folder somewhere and make a shortcut to it, and put the shortcut in your "send to" folder.
  5. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Media Jukebox Plus (J. River):)
  6. dav3st

dav3st OSNN Addict

7. zyfos

zyfos Resurrected

3 newer versions of WMP and they still cant get it right

I prefer ZoomPlayer as well. It takes some getting used to and quite a bit of setting up to get it to work exactly the way you like (it has LOTS of preferences). However, I just unassociate everything from Media Player 8 (it's in WMP8's options somewhere) and just reassociate them to good ol' WMP 6.1. Check X:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe. I find that WMP 6.1 actually tries to USE installed codecs rather than just sitting around feeding you error messages like WMP 8 does.
  8. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Cornwall Nr. England
    Yeah, zoomplayers very good, and thats what i've been using until i got hold of a copy of nVDVD 2.2 which is the best thing since sliced bread!!