What Is a Good Music Ripper?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by KLoWn, Jan 9, 2002.

1. KLoWn

KLoWn Guest

I Need a Program that can rip from cd and convert to mp3 in XP. (God wasn't that a mouthful LoL) I Hear that media player can do it How? Eerything wants to do a .wma file conversion LoL.

Thanks For the Help
  2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

I personally love audiocatalyst...easy interface, gets the cddb info like most, will rip direct to mp3 and has never failed me yet in any OS :)
  3. KLoWn

KLoWn Guest

Which Ver? I'll umm Get it and try it out hehe
  4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

I use 2.0 never upgraded to 2.1 since there was nothin new really added
  5. Kartajan

Kartajan Guest

XP's media player can do it just fine. You should d/l the mp3 encoder pack from the download section of this site first in order to get high quality (over 96k) rates though. there is a seting on media player to default to mp3 vice wma, but i can't remember exactly how to get to it (I'm not at home right now, and work doesn't do XP)
  6. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I use audiograbber, which works very well for me
  7. MikeTasker

MikeTasker Guest

Yep I use Audiograbebr too. My friend was a bit jealous last night as it was easily ripping tracks at above 40x with no problems at all. An album was before I could down a big bottle of Bud, and that doesn't take me long!
  8. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

9. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

only like 2 different answers really hehe, audiocatalyst is actually the same as audigrabber :p
  10. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

I use media player, I find it great! it will even download the cover art for the album you are encoding, I find it works great!
  11. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest