what is 3174 cluster controller and cas?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bretenn, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

do u guys know what is "corporate accounting system"?? hmm... even after i find it in the net.... i still don't understand it!

and it is related to 3174 cluster controller (which make me even blur). do the 3174 support normal pc?? or it just support dumb terminal??
  2. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

hmm the corporate accounting system (cas) is a software mayb??
    that's y it really make me sick!!
  3. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Elkhart, IN
    CAS, this is a type of system setup. It is a server system that uses dumb terminals. Basically all your accounting software is on a server and you use dumb terminals to access it. Where the terminals have no "real" OS on them nore software. They get everything from the server/network.
  4. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

but what the CAS is all about? it just store those accounting software and let the dumb terminals to access it?
    what if i need to add more workstation to access to CAS? is the normal pc applicable (use switch to connect to the cluster controller) ??

and btw the cluster controller is to connect all those dumb terminal only? how about if i want to add more terminal but don't want to buy anymore cluster controller... what can i do??

sory for this long question... but this project really make me blur...! i had do a lot of research but still i dont understand... :(