What Good Games Will Test My Graphics Card...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by original delboy, Jan 29, 2002.

1. I have a geforce2 go graphics card and am just wondering what good games will test my machine and the garaphics card.

thx

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

if your just interested in testing the card, goto www.madonion.com and get 3dmark 2001, or you can use the alwyas popular quake 3 benchmark :p

3. mavis

mavis Guest

you could also try mohaa (medal of honor allied assault) - it looks AWESOME and is very detailed. In fact, the fps counter actually shows the number of triangles being drawn, etc... it's really challenging for your machine. My machine (in my sig) gets 95-30fps, but I've got all effects maxed, max circles, detail, distance, particles, all that crap. Plus 4x AA and 32x anisotropic filtering. You really have to tweak your settings to get it right though, I was dropping down to 14fps yesterday until I disabled sub-pixel accuracy, etc. And that was without anisotropic and AA!! So, your video card settings (and drivers) make a HUGE difference.

mavis

ps oh yeah, the game is fun, too :)

4. Highwind7777

Highwind7777 Guest

Currently the most graphic intensive games are Dronez and Aquanox, gameplay isnt that great tho...Graphics rival or even exceed those of Xbox...

5. diadara

diadara Guest

There are many, Max Payne, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Black & White...I'm sure they'll look good on almost any PC, but try to max the effects and textures...

6. AcID

AcID Guest

Id just say Return to Castle Wolfenstein with graphics to FULL.

I have a GeForce2 MX, 1GHZ AMD and 256Mb ram and it runs fine with graphics on FULL but i put it to lowest just for extra speed