What firewall are ya using?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Helmer, May 17, 2002.

1. Helmer

Helmer Questions R me

I use Zone Alarm Pro - I was wondering what everyone else is using :)

2. Sage

Sage Guest

Firewall

Kerio Personal Firewall all the way

3. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I just got Norton Personal Firewall 2002, man this software is da bomb, have run several security tests including the one at symantec.com & sygate.com, and NPF2002 blocked ALL attacks.

since getting NPF2002 on Tuesday, I've had 10 backdoor.Trojan attacks, but were all blocked by NPF2002.

It may not be free or cheap, but its well worth every penny.

4. Freakzilla

Freakzilla OSNN Addict

I'm using Norton Internet Security myself. Blocked all attempts so far. I am not going to say it is better than all the others because I haven't used any other firewalls but I am more than happy with Norton.

5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I dont use a firewall, I have a crappy 28.8 mobile dialup, a cracker would have be insane to target me through that.

6. jams

jams Guest

I also use Norton Internet Security Its the best and keeps its self updated Both firewall / antivirus also blocks Ad Banners and has a prental (xxx) blocking software included
    Jams

7. Sage

Sage Guest

8. riscy

riscy OSNN Addict

Norton Personal Firewall - real easy to set up and use. I used ZoneAlarm for a while but this is way better (IMHO).

9. crono_logical

crono_logical Bird Eater

Tiny Personal Firewall - I used to use ZoneAlarm but that seemed too simplistic :p

10. Geffy

so generally the most used is Norton, from the previous posts, I am just wondering as I am going to be moving to ADSL once I get to a permanent location

11. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

gtgarside, in this day & age you should have some firewall software, Norton's is very highly regarded both professionally & by us home users.

Go get it today, go on you know you want it on ya harddrive!! ;)

12. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

NIS 2002 :)

13. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

<<<<Uses NeoWatch 2.4 very easy to use only monitors incoming & doesnt effect the speed of web browsing. Comes complete with NeoTrace built in. For emergencies I use ZoneAlarm Pro. Dont like to use it too much its too good(slows web browsing down to a crawl)

14. Geffy

Stuy_b, I normally connect through my school network, I only use the mobile for getting blocked sites (such as Bank Sites to do electronic banking for some reason they are blocked), mIRC, MSN, KaZaA Lite (I know I must be insane to use Kazaa over mobile connection) and getting the next batch of data for United Devices to slog through.

15. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Momentainly i use XP firewall but soon i'll change it Norton Firewall

16. jsitke

jsitke Guest

My Netopia Router performs ALL firewall and packet filtering duties.

- jsitke

17. Geffy

Go here to test your Firewall

This will probe the ports of your PC, let us know if your firewall reports all Stealth or whatever

18. Skwowwy

Skwowwy Guest

Tiny Personal Firewall. My computer is almost completely stealth! Only one port is open. XD

19. jsitke

jsitke Guest

20. AlphA_ExT

AlphA_ExT Guest

firewall

I'm using both Mcafees and Nortons firewalls at the same time while Norton is the most active one and the Mcafees is like a second line of defence with not very many restrictions on it and stuff. On top of that is win xp pro's firewall... hmmm.. i think that's it.. used to use just zone alarm pro before...