What does Disk Degragmenter do?

it kinda cleans out usless iteas and folders of your computer, and can reorganize your things so that your computer can run faster and cleaner !

When you save a file to your hard disk, fragments of the file are stored at different locations on the disk.
This makes disk access slower ...
Disk Defragmenters make the files contiguous (puts the file fragments together in one location). This makes access to your files faster and more efficient.

Im not trying to be a stick in the mud but, please try to find the sollution to your question before posting a (simple) question. Look on google or something :D
Have a good day!

Defrag

Ok heres a really good way of explaining it. Ok think of your Hard Drive as your house. And you are the cpu. Lets say the user tells you to start a program. Think of the program as a puzzle. Each file that the program needs to start are the pieces to the puzzle(program). Now in a very fragmented system the files are spread all over the hard drive just as pieces of the puzzle would be all over your house. Thus you would have to take longer to look for them and put the puzzle together. Now that defraging does is takes all the loose pieces(files) and puts them in a box close to where you are buliding your puzzle. This way you can find the pieces faster and start your program. :)

hehe I thought of that analogy one night and I thought it was cool so... :)

Regards

Re: Defrag

Originally posted by Smithy
Ok heres a really good way of explaining it. Ok think of your Hard Drive as your house. And you are the cpu. Lets say the user tells you to start a program. Think of the program as a puzzle. Each file that the program needs to start are the pieces to the puzzle(program). Now in a very fragmented system the files are spread all over the hard drive just as pieces of the puzzle would be all over your house. Thus you would have to take longer to look for them and put the puzzle together. Now that defraging does is takes all the loose pieces(files) and puts them in a box close to where you are buliding your puzzle. This way you can find the pieces faster and start your program. :)

hehe I thought of that analogy one night and I thought it was cool so... :)

Regards

Very cool! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back