what do you think of kazaagold?

ahhhhhhh ...another P2P user ...using it for legit purposes :)

Hey all of you anti-P2P people, you're telling me that before there were sharing programs on computers you never dubbed a tape or a movie off someone (that is if you're even old enough to remember those days) I don't really agree with people who do nothing but horde theatrical release movies but as far as music and software go I say take what you like and ignore the crap, good lord with the state of pop music today how many times have you spent $15 on a cd only to find out it has 4 songs worth listening to...just because the coprate world tells you something is bad doesn't mean it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cought one guy on a forum saying how much he was against P2P, and on another forum he was bragging on the loads of crap he had down loadad. Every one has stolen something one time or another. EXCEPT me.:eek: ;)

Originally posted by Burpster
i've heard that d/ling to much pron on kazaa can result in poor vision!! :)
ive never D/L any pron... haa haa.

don't worry my eyesight's gotten better... now if i can just get this damn hair off my palm's.

:D :D

"just because the coprate world tells you something is bad doesn't mean it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They aren't saying its 'bad'....they're saying it is ILLEGAL. Which it is. You are stealing THEIR PROPERTY. Simple as that. Just because you aren't going into a shop, picking up a CD/DVD off the shelf and walking out with it then getting arrested...doesnt make it any less of a crime.

"how many times have you spent $15 on a cd only to find out it has 4 songs worth listening to"

If that is the case then you simply return the CD and get your money back, that is the product you are buying...if you are not happy with it then get a refund. Its like saying you bought a film, weren't happy with a few scenes in it so took it back and instead downloaded it for free.

Just sounds like busto is talking out his *ss.

Not preaching, just clearing things up.

Hey Teddy over here in America once you open a CD it's your's no matter how much it sucks...

Originally posted by busto
Hey Teddy over here in America once you open a CD it's your's no matter how much it sucks...
This is true - once the CD is opened you can't take it back to the record store ,, you can however take it t a second hand used record store and get about half what you payed for it ...

i cant think of any other product that i buy that i cant return for a full refund or exchange

what a sweet deal for all concerned!!

Summary
The sales of recorded music have fallen recently. Many articles have been written and statements
made about whether this decline is due to the downloading of MP3 files. The claim has been made that
MP3 downloading, if unchecked, would destroy the recording industry, a claim I term the “annihilation
hypothesis”.
Unfortunately, much of the analysis appears to be little more than looking at the most
rudimentary of numbers and then using one’s favorite hypothesis to explain them. There are partisans
on both sides trying to spin the numbers to fit their message. Most of the claims that I have seen are
often unsubstantiated and sometimes are based on the use of different definitions.
In the following report I look at 30 years of record sales to try to determine what have been the
most important influences on record sales. I then use this information to examine what has happened in
the market recently to try to determine whether there is evidence that MP3s have caused harm and how
large that harm might be. My conclusions, which tend to change as new data come in, are currently as
follows:
1) Record sales have had four prior declines in the last thirty years, and the decline as of 2001 does
not appear different in character than the other declines.
2) Preliminary reports on mid-year record sales for 2002 indicate a more pronounced decline in
sales that now appears to make the current dip larger than previous dips. This new data adds
support to the claim that MP3 downloads are causing harm to the recording industry.
3) Income does not appear to be an important factor in record sales changes during the last 30
years. Therefore the current recession does not appear to be responsible for the current decline,
contrary to my previous expectations.
4) Sales of singles have been falling almost continuously for the last thirty years. The continuing
impact of their decline, therefore, should probably be removed from overall record sales, which
diminishes somewhat the severity of the current downturn.
5) Inflation adjusted list prices fell during the 1970s but have remained almost constant for the last
twenty years. Increased sales by discounters has probably slightly lowered the price paid by
consumers. Price does not seem to play a role in record sales fluctuations.
6) Unit sales per capita have risen substantially over the last 30 years. The main reason for this
appears to be that listening to recorded music can be done in more locations. Additional uses
for recorded music became available in the automobile and, particularly in the 1980s, in
activities amenable to portable ‘walkman’ type devices.
7) The factors that led to growth in unit sales appear to have ended in the mid 1990s. Cassette sales
have been dropping to zero and some of the recent decline in overall sales is due to this decline
in cassettes.
8) My current, very rough, estimate is that if MP3 downloads continue unabated, that unit sales
will drop somewhat more next year and then begin to level off, with an overall decline of about
20% that would be caused by MP3 downloads.

Like all things in life there are peaks and valleys. I've been using a PC since '96. And I can't remember once any software purchases I made that I was statisfied with. I was alway's left with a feeling of being ripped off. I am of the judgement that any thing that I buy I should have the right to do with as I please, whether its buying a modchip for my PS2 box, or backing up my bought DVD's, music cd's etc. Any attempt to prevent me from doing so is un-american.

All those in the industry that continue to cry wolf about how much money they are losing from illegally copied software, i.e., Micro$oft, but yet continuously post positive sales. And I don't mean those that would seek to profit from such copies, but the individual who just whats to buy a reliable piece of software, or music for a fair price.

If you think about it just examine about how much more media you get for your dollar in a DVD movie vs a music cd and yet they cost roughly the same. The music industry has and always will be the pirates of the entertainment industry.

I think Kazaa sucks. Doesn't matter if its gold or not...it all sucks.

Here is some news about Kazaa. It looks like the future may put Kazaa in the same boat as Napster.

as much as i dont like Kazaa ...would it actually be possible to really do anything about them ....would the program stop working??? NOPE ...til the ISP's get on it is almost impossible to stop ...slowly the ISP's are starting ....hopefully they all start smacking it down soon!!

Originally posted by vadislav
i bought 150 record's. then they quit making record player's to force me to buy a CD player and all 150 record's again in CD form. the record companie's did this deliberately. they tried to do this with 8-track, reel to reel, quadrophonic, and cassette. they're greedy.
the record companie's charge $10 for a CD. $1 per song. they charge $5 for a single. 1 song. 5 x the price. they do this to try to force you to buy the whole CD for 1 song. i buy the CD only to find the single is the only good song on the CD. i'm in the usa. i can't take the CD back for a refund. the single is only on the store shelf for 2 week's, to force me to buy the whole CD. it backfired on record companie's. less CD's were bought. my friend's no longer buy CD's. this was before computer's were popular.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back