What do you think is the fastest way to text message?

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by inakaotaku, Feb 14, 2006.

1. inakaotaku

inakaotaku OSNN Addict

What do you think? I ask because I had a sidekick forever that I just dropped in a glass of water about a month ago, and now I'm back to a regualar phone. I used to think that QWERTY keyboards were da bomb, and that nothing was easier or faster, but now I've discovered predictive text and gotten good at it (I use T9, they have a tutorial to help with speed, here: www.textfast.t9.com).

2. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

you used the word da bomb.....

*still thinking about Da bomb*

ok that passed.....

what ever my phone does goes fast enough for me. Sidekicks are nice just damn ugly. I dont really see the need to go with text mess as a primary for a phone though. As i use it primarly for "voice" calls.

3. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Which, phones were created for "voice".

4. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

fine.. be that way.. screw you guys im going home.....

hehe. Im just saying that id like a sleek and nice unit for a phone.. IF they can mix that with great text messaging then i will buy it too.. But i did just get back from the bars.. and they did have dollar shots... sooo... Lets play this game tomorrow.

5. inakaotaku

inakaotaku OSNN Addict

I can't help it. Compulsive da bombing. I am on another message board too, and they keep ribbing me for sounding all grown up and using big words, so I think that must have been a reaction.

Yeah, me, I'm broke. Broke broke. And texting is free (unlimited texting for $5 a month) and I only have 300 minutes a month and no land line. So, if I'm home I e-mail my friends, if I'm out I text them. I'd way prefer to talk voice, but that's the way it is. That's why I'm gung ho about T9, makes it a lot faster.

6. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

I hate predictive text, it never lets you type the words you want...
    I'd go with the a qwerty keyboard, like the VOQ professional phones, this phone has a great fold out qwerty keyboard, you'd never even know it if you looked at it. The phone is good, it plays vids, music etc... and it has a mem slot...
    I think it costs around 400 dollars though..
    http://www.voq.com/site/default.voq
    -Jack

7. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i always use t9 its much faster, and you can input your own words, (like alot of us arabs type with numbers and english letters to make words in arabic and it gets those as long as u input them in once)

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

With my thumbs.... on a phone. wo0t.