Webpage coding problem

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Maveric169, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Ok, I am working on getting my Resume on my website to help my job hunt. The format I have it in is a clean bulleted format like this:

1/21/2004 – 2/27/2004 GMAC/EDS Horsham, PA

Telecommunications Engineer/Analyst/Project Manager

6 week contract position

• Supported 400+ mortgage offices nationwide.
    • Was the technical engineer for 30 new or relocating sites.
    • Utilized previous experience to improve site information gathering.
    • Reduced costs for new or relocated sites by reducing "cookie cutter" installations.
    7/2003 – 10/2003 Infinity Technology Green Bay, WI

Telecommunications Engineer

• [*]Installed, planned, repaired, and maintained AVAYA PBX enterprise systems, Key systems, and adjuncts. (i.e. Definity SI, G3, Prologics, Partner, Intuity Audix, etc.)

• Assisted sales staff as a consultant and technical advisor for pre/post sales support.
    • Performed in-depth troubleshooting and problem resolution research for complex problems.
    What I want to be able to do is make each job clickable and when clicked the text would move down and allow additional text to be inserted. The result would look something like this:

1/21/2004 – 2/27/2004 GMAC/EDS Horsham, PA

Telecommunications Engineer/Analyst/Project Manager

6 week contract position

• [*]Supported 400+ mortgage offices nationwide.

• Was the technical engineer for 30 new or relocating sites.
    • Utilized previous experience to improve site information gathering.
    • Reduced costs for new or relocated sites by reducing "cookie cutter" installations.

7/2003 – 10/2003 Infinity Technology Green Bay, WI

Telecommunications Engineer

• [*]Installed, planned, repaired, and maintained AVAYA PBX enterprise systems, Key systems, and adjuncts. (i.e. Definity SI, G3, Prologics, Partner, Intuity Audix, etc.)

• Assisted sales staff as a consultant and technical advisor for pre/post sales support.
    • Performed in-depth troubleshooting and problem resolution research for complex problems.
    Then when they clicked anywhere else the text would resume to the previous format.

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

you need to use a javascript hide/unhide thinger, but I am not sure how you would do that. Something from Spoono which might be what you are looking for

you could also do it with CSS :focus, but support for selectors on all tags is flaky at the minute and MSIE only supports selectors on <a> tags, and if most of the companies which are going to be looking at you use MSIE then you would be a bit buggered ;)

3. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Personally, you should keep your resume as short and sweet as possible. Employers just want to skim it, they wouldn't read the explanations anyway. If they are interested they contact you.