Web Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Jdstuhler, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Jdstuhler

Jdstuhler Guest

A web page of some sort of webcam pops up on my screen ever so often, it asks me to Download something,(in German) I went to my task manager and it says IEXPLORE.EXE, When i end the process the web page and everything with it goes away. But the thing is, if i log off or restart my machine and go into task manager the IEXPLORE.EXE is there even when no pages are open. Can anyone help me get ride of this problem. THanks

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

IEXPLORE.EXE is Internet Explorer that's why your browser shuts down when you end it. Don't know about the popup.

3. Twink

Twink Guest

it's there even when you reboot?, hmmm run msconfig and see if it's in the startup

4. Jdstuhler

Jdstuhler Guest

I ran msconfig and its noooo where to be found..Its driving me crazy..I'm figuring is somewhere buried in my registry..but i can't find it..anyone know of any ways i can find it? THanks

5. toolfool719

toolfool719 Guest

6. Jdstuhler

Jdstuhler Guest

Thanks but i ran ad-aware and it doen't find anything ...This is driving me crazy...anyone else have a solution

7. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Sounds like a script is being run. Delete all your internet files. In IE under Tools> Internet Options... you can delete all your temporary internet files. Do a system virus scan too.

8. Jdstuhler

Jdstuhler Guest

I've tryed alll of that...deleted all temp int. files cookies ran virus scan...everything. But this thing keeeps poppin up

9. chadmercer

chadmercer Guest

Hey is it off of the Greatpage.com site. Because about a month ago the same thing happened to me. i timed it and every half hour this page would pop up in German and freeze my mouse temperary. I forget how i fixed it but it is client side. :)

10. Jdstuhler

Jdstuhler Guest

I'm not exactly sure were the hell i got it from but its mad annoying....its a page of some girl in a skirt and its for web cams. and it asks me to download something (in German) and if i close the window more open up. if i ctrl+alt+del and end the IEXPLORE.EXE process it goes away.....but it always comes back when i restart and if I end it under one user and log on as another user it opens itself again...if you remember what u did to fix it please let me know....if anyone else has an idea feel free to make annny suggestions...Thanks