Web Problem

J

Jdstuhler

A web page of some sort of webcam pops up on my screen ever so often, it asks me to Download something,(in German) I went to my task manager and it says IEXPLORE.EXE, When i end the process the web page and everything with it goes away. But the thing is, if i log off or restart my machine and go into task manager the IEXPLORE.EXE is there even when no pages are open. Can anyone help me get ride of this problem. THanks

Originally posted by Jdstuhler
But the thing is, if i log off or restart my machine and go into task manager the IEXPLORE.EXE is there even when no pages are open. Can anyone help me get ride of this problem. THanks
IEXPLORE.EXE is Internet Explorer that's why your browser shuts down when you end it. Don't know about the popup.

it's there even when you reboot?, hmmm run msconfig and see if it's in the startup

I ran msconfig and its noooo where to be found..Its driving me crazy..I'm figuring is somewhere buried in my registry..but i can't find it..anyone know of any ways i can find it? THanks

Thanks but i ran ad-aware and it doen't find anything ...This is driving me crazy...anyone else have a solution

Sounds like a script is being run. Delete all your internet files. In IE under Tools> Internet Options... you can delete all your temporary internet files. Do a system virus scan too.

I've tryed alll of that...deleted all temp int. files cookies ran virus scan...everything. But this thing keeeps poppin up

Hey is it off of the Greatpage.com site. Because about a month ago the same thing happened to me. i timed it and every half hour this page would pop up in German and freeze my mouse temperary. I forget how i fixed it but it is client side. :)

I'm not exactly sure were the hell i got it from but its mad annoying....its a page of some girl in a skirt and its for web cams. and it asks me to download something (in German) and if i close the window more open up. if i ctrl+alt+del and end the IEXPLORE.EXE process it goes away.....but it always comes back when i restart and if I end it under one user and log on as another user it opens itself again...if you remember what u did to fix it please let me know....if anyone else has an idea feel free to make annny suggestions...Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back