Web Email Question

XpGuy1

Mindless Poster
Question,

Which in your opinions is the safest online web based email service? Can Emails be traced even if they are sent thru an online email service (ie yahoo or Hotmail)

thanks,

Thanks i was sure they could.. but i was just curious about which one was the best and had the least amount of spam...

there is no security if youre looking to avoid being traced.... well almost. there's the whole relaying thing.
best you could hope for is to encrypt your email. but that too can be traced, just not read.

XPGuy1 where on the east coast are you?? I am in Pa.

BTW the best bet in avoiding spam... get your own domain and use spam assasin... works great for me, or you could just block all email not sent to a specific email addy. but hey thats me.

Pseudo.. i'm in NJ

i use Yahoo and Hotmail and was wondering if those were safe i know they ain't spam free.. i get enough of that. my own domain sounds good... whats the cost normally????

well, domain only and no hosting, a few dollars.... hosting £35 approx

hummm i might do that.. then i can kill off all the damm spam i'm getting.. i like the ease and flexability of online emails but i hate having to sift thru endless spam emails..

Sounds good... I might check that out... cost doesn't seem to bad either...

I believe Hushmail offers free PGP encryption and SSL connections to their webservers. You could check them out.

A good solution to your SPAM problems could be Mailwasher. I've only started using it, and it's become very useful.

hushmail... interesting name.. LOL.. i'll give it a look as well.. thanks..

the spam is just annoying at times ... i just dont feel like sifting thru all those bogus mails.. i'll look at mailwasher as well thanks..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back