War driving tool

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by scripttron75, Aug 18, 2005.

1. scripttron75

scripttron75 OSNN Junior Addict

Does anyone know what war driving tool I can use with Centrino mobile technology as netstumbler is not supported.:lick:

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

What wireless card does the machine have? You mentioned Centrino, so it can be one of the following - the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100/2100A, the 2200BG or the 2915ABG.

I can confirm that NetStumbler works with the 2200BG. Not sure about the other ones though. :)

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

mind you dont trip :p

4. scripttron75

I bought the Laptop at BB its a gateway: Intel® Centrino™ mobile technology with interrelated Intel® Pentium® M processor 740, Intel® 915PM chipset, Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG network connection (802.11b/g) and extended battery life capability

5. NetRyder

So it is the 2200BG then. It'll work with NetStumbler, even if the site says otherwise.
    I've been using it for ages. :)

6. scripttron75

I see from your post then that the centrino is supported with this card then but the issue is when I launch netstumbler I get a blinking text at the bottom of its window saying that there are NO Active AP's??:cry:

7. NetRyder

Click the Device menu and see if there's more than one listing. If there is, just select the other one and it should detect all the access points nearby.

8. scripttron75

I see from your post then that the centrino is supported with this card then but the issue is when I launch netstumbler I get a blinking text at the bottom of its window saying that there are NO Active AP's??

9. scripttron75

disregard the last post thanks for your help:nervous:

10. NetRyder

Not a problem. :)