Wanting a NEW V/C...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by sidefx, Apr 21, 2004.

1. sidefx

sidefx OSNN Addict

I am currently using the below mentioned V/C, however as more games enter the market I am falling farther behind and missing out on all the games' glory. I am stuck running games at bare minimum most times. I am not a huge gamer where I constantly play games.

However, I do have a tendency to try new games and there are the few times where I do get that addicition and nothing sucks more than not being able to play a game at its full potential.

I don't want a top of the line card as we are now approaching a new round of cards to the market, however I want something that can hold me over for quite awhile with new games coming to market.

Any suggestions?

2. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

9600pro or 9600XT

3. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

9600proo or xt too old now..go with the 9700 n up
    they'll last u longer n price diff shudn't b to much

4. champ2005

champ2005 | xs |

A GeforceFX 5900XT gives a very good price/performance ratio - outperforms the 9600xt more often than not, and scores 1000 more than the 9600xt in 3dmark03; not that that means anything anymore though :)

5. t3kNo*

t3kNo* I Am Me

and it costs more as well doesn't it? :p

6. champ2005

champ2005 | xs |

well here a good quality 9600xt (not some gecube/gexcube/see how different stores call it differently?/crap) costs around $275, and the 5900xt is around $325. i think its $50 well spent.

7. t3kNo*

t3kNo* I Am Me

the price actually varied alot more than that when i looked at a few of my wholesale suppliers.