Voice in CS w/XP

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by manik, Dec 7, 2001.

1. manik

manik Guest

Can someone post the proper commands to run in CS to get the voice features to work? Right now I sound like the teacher from snoopy.

Thanks

2. waddy

waddy OSNN Senior Addict

hhehee yer i disabled it, everyone i could hear sounded like their balls hadnt dropped and was killing my ears :)

These guides are really good

Read first

and

Read second

i think they will help you

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I disabled it for the sake of my ping ;)

56k rules btw ;)

4. dimmy32

dimmy32 Guest

what sound card do you have..? That makes the biggest difference in mic sound quality.

5. manik

manik Guest

SB Live 1024 Value. That should be fine right? I think my mic is a little questionable, I stole it off my sisters ancient gateway "2000" machine.

6. dimmy32

dimmy32 Guest

The sound card should be "ok". The mic may be the problem.
    I have a soundblaster Live value , and a soundblaster live 5.1 , on another computer . The mic I use is a cheapie Jensen ( 10 $ ) mic, and from what other counterstrike players have told me, my voice sounds pretty good.

I recommend upgrading your sound card anyways , not just or the mic , but it'll improve your gaming as well. I believe the sound card makes more of a diff than the microphone does , soundblaster 1024 value is sort of the bottom end of the soundblaster series...

7. manik

manik Guest

thanks dimmy. I might try the microphone first, and if its still muffled, then i might switch the card. although I bought a Hoontech DBII so i can output to my dolby digital reciever through a digital coax cable. I think its designed fo that card, so its doubtful I will switch.

8. ac6210sr

ac6210sr Guest

Have you tried Battle Com voice communicator? It's much better than Roger Wilco or any other progz out there.