VLite version 1.1.6 RC , Vista /SP1 Slipstream

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tweakfiend, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Tweakfiend

Tweakfiend OSNN Senior Addict

http://www.vlite.net/download.html
    I have loaded 2 DVD ISO discs with and without modfied components/ drivers / unattend function.
    I have not yet re installed Vista combined with SP1 but the discs appear to run correctly.
    Must test on a spare partition.
    Anyone installed this yet ??

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

from what i've heard, Vista's service packs can't really be slipstreamed by the same methods used for XP's service pack slipstreaming. Think it was something about major parts of the OS being updated, which was the cause of the OS having to reboot a few times during the SP1 install process. don't know if the new versions of vLite fixed that entirely. If you really want to slipstream stuff.... i think you may be better off trying to find a copy of a retail Vista disc that has SP1, and just try modifying that.

3. Tweakfiend

Yes its not the same method as previously used I use the word "slipstream" advisedly.
    SP1 is loaded into a folder Vista files copied from the DVD to form version 6001( boot ,EFI, sources , support , upgrade folders are modified) and then the total package can be amended if needed .
    Components can be removed . hot fixes added,and unattend feature inserted.
    It took 2 hours as a "one off" process, whereas normal slipstreaming is quicker and more straightforward.
    The writer of the software has been in regular contact with M' Soft SP1 team for essential approval / assistance, and has proven history in this field.
    Others have indicated they have used this successfully.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  4. Tweakfiend

Just tested the DVD I made, which inc some components, from choice, such as "accessibility" removed for speed and the "unattend" feature added.
    Loads Vista Ultimate with SP1 from scratch in 35 minutes.
    Saves 80 mb or so of hot fixes prior to SP1
    Previous load time was 35 -40 minutes for Vista, plus 50 - 60 minutes for SP1.
    No problems whatsoever... will reload hardware during the evening.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008