Vista vs. XP

Is Vista safer than XP for online shopping/banking?

• Yes, absolutely no security concerns.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Slightly, but feel more comfortable with XP.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No, XP is more secure with all its security updates.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Have absolutely no idea.

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
i think by "not personally identifiable"... they mean that not any old schmoe at MS can view it.... that it would only be accessible if the situation calls for it.... such as legal action.

Did you ever look around XP's EULA?

Consent to Use of Data.

You agree that Microsoft and its affiliates may collect and use technical information gathered in any manner as part of the product support services provided to you, if any, related to the Product. Microsoft may use this information solely to improve our products or to provide customized services or technologies to you. Microsoft may disclose this information to others, but not in a form that personally identifies you.

even says generally the same thing under the gaming part of the XP EULA:

Internet Gaming/Update Features.

If you choose to utilize the Internet gaming or update features within the Product, it is necessary to use certain computer system, hardware, and software information to implement the features. By using these features, you explicitly authorize Microsoft or its designated agent to access and utilize the necessary information for Internet gaming and/or updating purposes. Microsoft may use this information solely to improve our products or to provide customized services or technologies to you. Microsoft may disclose this information to others, but not in a form that personally identifies you.

after even further examination.... even OSX has segments talking about data collection in the same exact "Consent to Use of Data" heading.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back