Vista security vs. Linux and OS X - Thoughts?

Thanks for getting more information on this NetRyder.

i <3 portaudit :p

I knew prior to reading this thread that this would be "another one of those conversations". I'll sum up my thoughts by saying there will always be skeptics.

Operating System security is just one of those things which it is very hard to approach objectively. Mainly because it also strikes near the heart of the perceived "My OS is better than yours" argument.

Add to that the experiences people have had with varying operating systems, some will have had no troubles with one while others will have had nothing but trouble.

Operating System security is just one of those things which it is very hard to approach objectively. Mainly because it also strikes near the heart of the perceived "My OS is better than yours" argument.

Add to that the experiences people have had with varying operating systems, some will have had no troubles with one while others will have had nothing but trouble.

True - any discussion where people take things personally, things are bound to get heated. Props to everyone here for not letting that happen :)

I think unless you are running a business, the differences between the major OSs in terms of security are so small that it shouldn't really matter a great deal to you since the OSs are secure enough as long as you have some basic knowledge of how to protect your computer.

But it's interesting to see actual numbers and data that dissects the actual security situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back