Vista doesn't retain XP file time stamps?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ScottFern, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ScottFern

ScottFern IT guy

I recently installed Vista Ultimate and I now dual boot XP Pro & Vista and I have a shared hard drive that was first created with XP and has all my files on it.

However, when I go to sort by date modified in Vista it doesn't list any date. This is kind of a bummer because now I can't sort the way I would like? Or am I totally missing something here?

On an entirely different note - Notice how embedded wmv media files don't play in Firefox?

http://ajitmonteiro.wordpress.com/2007/01/04/wmp-firefox-plug-in-for-windows-vista/

Tweakfiend likes this.
  2. Tweakfiend

Tweakfiend OSNN Senior Addict

Thanks for the media files link

3. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

I use Vista and I see the dates when I use details view , dont get why you would not see them.

4. ScottFern

ScottFern IT guy

Was it a hard drive with files originally created in WinXP? I am not talking about any files that were created inside of Vista.

Maybe I have date modified turned off on this hard drive, I am not real sure?

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

No its my 2 other hard drives that contain all my images over 120gig and all my backups from years of work and both these drives were not changed I formatted my 1st hard drive and installed Vista on that the other 2 are doing what they always did and that is shares , everyone looks to them for the images and files thoughout our home.

6. ScottFern

ScottFern IT guy

I did NOT have the date modified option checked in the sorting options list.